Saturday, October 3, 2009

Brainstorm authentic problems

Please list possible problems to consider for the class project.

5 comments:

  1. September 30, 2009
    Ideas generated in in class:
    Eating disorders
    Food service
    Hidden costs of college

    ReplyDelete
  2. decreasing our individual carbon footprints
    ways to improve our electoral process
    why is there so much hate in the media and how can we be active citizens against it
    race, religion, and gender - still hot buttons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the idea of the media and the violence that is correlated with that and the actions of children today.
    I also agree with the idea of looking into the food service and where the extra money goes and the excess in meals/food and such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the idea of looking into the food service and where the extra food/money goes.
    I also find the idea about the media to be very related with teaching because our students may act like what they see on television, in magazines, etc and I think if we can find a way to change that it would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the money/food and media options would be intriguing and definitely a challenge to tackle.

    I've been trying to brainstorm and so these are just a few topics...beware some are a little out there!

    Eating healthy and social classes
    The gap between technology and face-to-face
    Students and extra curricular activities
    Integrating groups/cliques on campus
    Synchronizing clocks campus wide
    System for deciding housing
    The good deed cycle (where you pass along a good deed and see how long it goes or how many people pass it along, i.e. paying for the next meal in line or scraping someone's windshield with a wish for them to do the same to someone else)

    ReplyDelete